As you may have heard, the Canada Life Men's Hockey League just had a contest for a new logo for their league as their league name, like ours, recently changed from Great-West Life to Canada Life. Judy Wilson's son, Landon Stewart, was the winner of the men's league contest and he created a fantastic logo! Congrats to your son, Judy!
With the company name change from Great-West Life to Canada Life and with both hockey leagues now being referred to as Canada Life leagues, we thought it would be a good idea for the women's league to create their very own CLWHL logo to be used in the future on new jerseys and apparel.
Here are the contest rules:
1. The contest is open to any player currently in the CLWHL league and your logo design submission should only be sent to Jenn and Sheryl.
2. Logos can be designed to include the lettering CLWHL but please do not use the words "Canada Life" or incorporate the new Canada Life company logo into your design.
3. Logos must be created using MS Word, Paint, etc.
4. The conveners will review all submissions and pick three finalists that best represent the league.
5. The final three designs will be sent to all players in the league for a vote.
6. The new CLWHL logo will be unveiled at the wind-up on Friday, March 20th.
7. The plan is to purchase 1 - potentially 2 - sets of jerseys with the new logo to be used for the 2020-2021 season. All subsequent jersey sets with the new logo will be purchased as the budget permits.
Contest closes on Friday, February 14th so get those ideas submitted now! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity so don't let your fantastic design idea go to waste! You could soon be seeing your very own design every Friday night FOREVER!!!